Hi there! I’m Liz – welcome to my corner of the world.
I ride bikes and tell stories – and I’d love to share them with you!
Why I’m here?
Through sharing my own health and wellness journey – to becoming fitter and stronger, I hope that I can light a fire in you that encourages you to achieve whatever health, fitness or life goal you might have.
As a health professional with degrees in pharmacy and exercise science (ESSA accredited), I want to showcase that evidence based methods of training, athletic preparation and nutrition strategies achieve great outcomes and my aim is to keep this site free of “woo” and health quackery.
I’m also undertaking post graduate qualifications in journalism and mass media.
Who is this site for?
This site promotes enjoying health and fitness in a balanced, kind manner and is a documentation of my own experiences in the world of health and fitness as an amateur cyclist who enjoys road racing, triathlon and the sport of post event relaxation.
This site is for anyone that want to call their own shots in respect to health and fitness. It’s for those who want to drown out the noise of those who peddle fanatical diets and health advice that isn’t based on good science/research.
A Few Random Things about Me
- my full name is Elizabeth
- Everyone, except my relatives and the receptionist at the doctors’ surgery calls me Liz
- On the Myer-Briggs Type Indicator, I test as an INFJ
- My favourite dinner involves salmon and my favourite dessert is ice-cream – NZ hokey pokey rules
- I buy books about procrastination and never read them.
- I am missing two adult teeth.
- I have two daughters, a husband and a Labrador named Lucy
- My husband is South African. Yes, he has an accent.
- I really find trombones and the noise they make rather creepy
- I yearn to get two Burmese cats. But Lucy won’t have a bar of it. Neither will Mr Lucy.
- Cervelo is my preferred bike brand. I have a P3 time trial bike and am saving for a road bike. Their geometry suits my weird body shape.
- I love tulips.
- I look terrible with long hair.
- I once worked in a Japanese restaurant as a kitchen hand.
- I get really cranky when I’m tired.
- I spent a year working and travelling in Canada. I love the place.
- I hate the heat and prefer our Qld winters.
- I have been teaching Group Fitness Classes for just over half of my life.